What is a Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is a household appliance that reduces the level of humidity in the air, offering health benefits and generally making your home a more comfortable place to live.
Why do I need one?
If the air in your home is humid it can often encourage the growth of unwanted nasties like mould and mildew, as well as providing a welcome environment for all sorts of bugs and insects. On top of that, high levels of humidity can make it difficult to dry laundry and even cause problems with sleep.
What types of dehumidifiers are available?
These are the most common type of dehumidifier that you’ll come across. They work by pulling moist air over a refrigerated coil using a small fan, causing the water to condense and collect in a bucket. The air is then reheated by the warmer side of the coil, and pushed back out of the dehumidifier. It is as simple as it sounds. This type of dehumidifier works best where ambient temperatures are higher.
Materials that are ‘desiccant’ like zeolite arenaturaly absorbing moisture, making them ideal for use in dehumidifiers. desiccant dehumidifiers use one of these materials in a rotor form, which pulls air through the unit, transferring the moisture to the desiccant material. Because these nifty devices don’t rely on a cooling of the air to produce condensation, they are particularly suited to use in cool climates.
Mini Peltier Dehumidifier
Perfect for the budget-conscious buyer, peltier dehumidifiers are generally small, simple and affordable. They function by employing a peltier heat pump to create a cool surface, on which water vapour from the air is condensed. Because they’re built with no mechanical parts, they are effectively silent in operation.
Why buy your dehumidifier from Aircon Direct?
Our range of dehumidifiers has been tailored to suit you whatever your requirement, whether it is a mini dehumidifier or an industrial dehumidifier.
electriQ 12 litre Low Energy Dehumidifier for up to 3 bed house with Digital Humidistat and UV Plasma Air Purifier
- Available in White Black or WIFI version
- Improved air quality with UV and Odour filter
- Clear humidity and temperature indicators
- Antibacterial tank which eliminates mould
- Energy efficient, great for up to 6 bedrooms, offices and light commercial applications
- Control and monitor the air quality of your home, office, boat, caravan, garage or holiday home from anywhere using your Android or IOS device
- Saves 50% of the running costs compared with standard dehumidifiers
- Advanced 6 stage Air Purifier mode with TRUE HEPA filters, UV steriliser and Ioniser
- Eliminates mould and mildew by removing excess moisture and humidity
- Energy efficient, great for up to 3 bed houses
- Digital backlit LCD display showing current Humidity
- Compact and Powerful can extract up to 10 litres per day
Meaco DD8L - 8L Desiccant Dehumidifier for up to 5 bed houses with 3 years warranty - Which best buy 2014-2018
- Awarded Which? Best Buy 2014-2018
- Combats mould, condensation and damp
- Antibacterial filters and Ioniser
- Helps to dry clothes faster
- Low Energy, Saves 40% of the running costs compared with standard dehumidifiers
- Laundry mode speeds up the time it takes for clothes to dry
- Combats mould, mildew and damp
- Ultra quiet and effcient
electriQ 20L Low Energy Anti-Bacterial Dehumidifier for 2 to 5 bed houses - WHICH Best Buy CD20LE-V2
- Built with a sleek and stylish design
- Energy efficient compressor - uses only 240 Watts
- Antibacterial tank eliminates mould growth in the tank
- Active Carbon filter meaning air is clean as well as dry
electriQ CD20LE PRO 20L Low Energy Smart App WIFI Dehumidifier for 2 to 5 bed houses with UV Air Purifier
- Wifi controlled version of our award winning dehumidifier
- Control and monitor the humidity of your home, office, boat, caravan, garage or holiday home from anywhere using your Android or Apple phone or tablet
- Low energy compressor - uses only 240 Watts
- Coloured LED humity level display
- Smart mode: Automatically maintains your house at optimal humidity with one touch of a button
- Antibacterial tank stops the mould growth in the tank
- Cheaper to run than similar dehumidifiers
- Fitted with carbon filter to eliminate oudors and has room for optional HEPA filters
- Can operate effectively at low temp
- Built in air purifying system to deliver clean, fresh air
- Large 5 litre tank and connection for permanent draining
- Helps to reduce winter heating bills as dry air is easier to warm
- Simple to use and easy to empty
- Great for wardrobes, cars, caravans, basements
- Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms
- Ideal in small and unheated areas
- Built-in humidistat gives you greater control of your home's humidity
- 10 litres maximum extraction per day, 3 litre tank and hose for continuous drainage
- Automatically shuts off once the water tank is full to avoid overflowing
- Set it to run continuously or for up to 2, 4 or 8 hours
Meaco Platinum 20 Litre Low Energy Dehumidifier for up to 5 bed house with Digital Display and 3 Years Warranty
- Awarded Which? Best Buy 2015
- Low energy power consumption - only 255W
- Fitted with HEPA air filters for clean and purified air
- Part of the Meaco Platinum range which is a benchmark of performance and efficiency